Saturday, January 26, 2008

Miscellaneous

God, miscellaneous is a strange place to start when I haven't written for so long. It is funny, because I have always loved to write but I never really enjoyed reading. Very few write well enough to keep my attention longer than 5 minutes. I have a tendancy to get distracted easily, "Oh, look, there is a bunny". Sorry, back to my blog. Anyway, maybe, since I have written much, I will write about me. I am 37. I live in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I spent the first 33 years of my life living in Maryland. The first 10 in Baltimore. I still love the Ravens and believe it or not I am an Oriole fan. And the rest in Glen Burnie. I have 3 children. All 3 are smarter than me. I have been married for almost 17 years. My husband is a computer tech. It is interesting being married to a geek, when I am such a "Tom Boy". Explaining foodball to a 39 year old man is an exhausting task. "What is a safety", "What is a two-point conversion?", "What is forward motion?". He can explain to you, however, the computer technology that goes into putting the yellow and red lines on the television that distinguish the line of scrimmage from the 1st down mark. As you can guess, our lives are very interesting.

I have worked for the same company for almost 19 years. I was fortunate enough to have gotten a job right out of high school with a very good company. Luckily I work for a company that has offered me the opportunity to many different things. I have been a cashier, a customer service representative, a marketing manager, and most recently the payroll clerk and human resource representative for my building. Human Resources and payroll is by far my favorite, most rewarding, occupation of my career.

My biggest struggle is my weight. Over a year ago, I did lose about 25lbs and I have kept it off. My problem is I need to lose about 70 more pounds . Hopefully, I will manage to accomplish that in 2008. But, we will have to wait and see. Sometimes my self esteem is so bad, I don't feel that I have the right to smile at someone because they will think, "Why is that ugly girl smiling at me?" I know that sounds horrible and even as I am writing it I am thinking, "Wow, noone should feel that way". There is a lot of history that has lead to my low self-esteem, but I will keep that history private for now. I will figure it all out some day, hopefully sooner than later. The one thing I do know is that I am a good mother. When you have a 16 year old that repects you, communicates with you and actually enjoys your company, you know you have done something right.


Anyway, that is all for now, I intend to write every week from now on, so I am sure that you will learn more about me and my family in the future.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back to blogging. you may want to submit more often than every 8 months. it is good therapy.

Shari said...

I understand what you mean - Why is that ugly girl smiling at me? I feel that my extra weight makes me look ugly. But, I didn't know other women felt that way, too, because I have known some beautiful and happy large women. I've started reading the book Lose It For Life. (I even mentioned it in my SS Post.) The book is helping me realize the emotional reasons for why I overeat, why I eat for comfort or when I'm anxious.

Keith's Ramblings said...

Doesn't sound like a bad life! And what's wrong with a few spare pounds between friends?

Maree Jones said...

I don't know you at all, but I'm impressed by your accomplishments - a long marriage to someone you love and respect, 3 beautiful children, enjoying your job and working with the same company for almost 20 years, and losing 15 pounds! All amazing things, and so much to be proud of. :)

Anonymous said...

Very interesting life! It seems you and your husband or well suited. After opposites attract!

Arty? Not me!!

Jennifer Hicks said...

thanks for sharing yourself. body image and body esteem is something i have struggled with for awhile. lately i've picked up this "I don't care what anyone thinks about me" attitude...it's very liberating!
good luck with your path....

Tumblewords: said...

Miscellaneous is a good category... you have included lots of information here that make this a delightful post to read!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being so generous with your interesting miscellany - welcome!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have someone who can help you on your endeavors because it makes the journey that much better. When you have someone who supports you it can give you that safty net feeling inside.